Monday, April 27, 2009

A little of this, a little of that......

So I have spent an embarrassing amount of time lately organizing my studio/craft space. It wasn't functioning well for me, and I was so scattered in there, buying more things, not putting them away, yada, yada, yada.....
I adore the latest issue of Where Women Create, and loved Amy Hanna and Pam Garrison's studios! I especially loved their windows and how they were so very creative with paper, so the first pic above is my version of a valance made with old piano rolls. I bought them mostly for the boxes but the rolls themselves are pretty cool paper...now they have a use!
The rest of most of these photos are just shots from around my new and improved studio.....

I'm also a bit panicked because I bought another dress form and will need to find some room for her.....wish me luck with that one! And with my dh's reaction when he sees her....that probably won't be pretty.
The pic above is in my front entryway....the books below are in my living room,

These are some of the old piano rolls in an old overnight case....
I have been creating a few things, and loved going to the Primrose Lane Spring Show in Coburg on Friday with a friend, the show was small but had some really neat things at good prices.
Well, I'm off to create something....the weather is cool and rainy so a good day to stay in..
Thanks so much for stopping by :).

2 comments:

melanie said...

ahhhhhh....the studio looks wonderful!!! and your displays in your house are just fab! Your studio should really be in Where Women Create...it is just such a wonderful space...is it time for a road trip yet??? I think you need more jewelry boxes and dress forms?!?!?!?! love ya!

Lori said...

Gail, your studio pics are wonderful...what a beautiful place you have to play in...very clever what you did with the player piano rolls too, that looks great!!!