Monday, August 3, 2009

Ahhh, home again........

We had a great time at the beach, even though the weather could have been better...I know if you live in the NW you have no pity at all for me because it was soooo scorching inland, but we had mostly cloudy weather at the beach, which I don't mind too much but more sun would have been ok with me.  As I was packing up dd's things I couldn't resist this beach snapshot above in her little bathroom, her suits hanging up to dry :). 
The pic above is from our bedroom looking towards, what else, the ocean!! That's the little path we take through the dunes to get to the beach....
I did get some shopping in although there's not a whole lot of great places to shop...Farmhouse Funk is a new one for me, I only bought one item there and I'll post pictures later in the week after I unpack..my favorite store is called Yankee Trader in Gearhart, and it's fabulous! The owner Carrie, is as nice as she can be, and her prices are fabulous, I did buy quite a bit there as my generous MIL gave me a nice gift certificate to that store for my bday (thanks again MaryEllen!) I had so much fun shopping there and went back three times!
It's great to be home, the only down side is the unpacking, what a job.........have a great week and do check back in a couple, I'll have pictures of what I found!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

so glad you had a good time!! those pics bring back memories!

Jamie said...

Wonderful pictures! I miss the beach so much. It sounds like a wonderful vacation:) I love your creative space Gail! It's so well organized and beautiful. If you are out of card stock, then send my your address and I will ship some of mine to you. I have tons and will never use it all:) Love You! Jamie

askarteology@yahoo.com

melanie said...

great pics...so jealous that you were cool while I was sweating like a pig, or two, in this Portland heat...
but so very glad you had a great time!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Tried to respond to your email last night and it bounced back again. I will have to ask teen daughter for advice. Was going thru your blog and have never been to Farmhouse Funk ...will have to hit it on my next beach trip. I love Sesame and Lillies in Cannon Beach and Pacific Cottage in Gearhart. Too $$, but I always hit them.