Sunday, September 27, 2009

Isn't it amazing how....

having an unorganized kitchen can halt forward motion? For me at least, this week at least....my kitchen has been giving me fits for a while now. It's a standard kitchen of the 80's with all of the inefficiency therein....the standard cabinets that are a pain in the rear to get into. So I'm just trying to be smarter than my cabinets....I think I'm winning!
Until we can afford new, updated, sleek cabinets, I'm stuck with what I have. Which means I have to be that much more organized...not always my forte but I'm trying...and I'm persistent.
And boy does it feel good to get rid of all the extra junk that we don't use anymore that's just been taking up valuable space!!!
Looks like a trip to St. Vinnie's is in my immediate future...yah!
Now I can feel free to get in my craft room and create some more Halloween goodies......stay tuned....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah! yes I know what you mean there about kitchens! We have just recently moved into a house with a 1980's kitchen too, and it can make me feel a little frustrated! But I think we are going to paint the cupboards and change the worktops, just to get a more pleasing effect! I had a lovely kitchen before, that I had designed myself, and I loved it, but oh well, the house is lovely though! Yes clearing out makes you feel so much more in control doesn't it! Suzie. xx :)

Linda K said...

It is so good to remember the saying "Want what we HAVE"........focus on all the good in what we do have instead of what we do not. Makes for a grateful heart! So fun to clear out the excess too.

Lori said...

i have been trying to organize too...and down~size...there is a serious lack of closet space in this house...and i just can't keep everything anymore...

melanie said...

ohhhh...to purge...I just love it~congrats on cleaning out your kitchen...now if you want to clean out your craft room, I have an empty car and lots of boxes...

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Well, I solved my organization in my kitchen by relocating and reducing the size of it!! I reused all of the existing cabinets and appliances so it was a labor cost only...heehee...it's just me and hubby so a large kitchen is no longer needed. I do however have a walk in pantry that has taken own a life of its own..LOL There seems to always be something to organize around here....and I'm a collector by nature so purging is very painful! :0)

Have a great day,
Stephanie

Wildflowerhouse said...

Ah great minds... I am still at it, should finish by the end of the week. Every morning when I come down and look around It just feels so much better to look at. Ahhhhh! Sharon