Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Kickin' Halloween into high gear.......

I've got so many ideas for Halloween goodies that sometimes I feel I'm spinning my wheels!
This is my latest creation....I'm really trying to work on using all elements of the paper items I find, in this case, books. So the covers can be used as either a matte board for a collage or re-use them for art journals. I don't throw anything away, so what to do with the book pages?
Well, even though this isn't my original idea (to crease the pages and fan them out this way) I find that this method makes a great and original "photo stand" for seasonal artwork.
This was so fun to make....
It will be listed in my Etsy shop soon.....along with some other Halloween goods.
Happy creating....don't you find it easier now that the weather has cooled down and we have a reason to stay inside? I'm loving it!!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Gail, that is so cute...what a great look that book is for a stand too!!!

Unknown said...

Really sweet! Suzie. x

Little Pink Studio said...

Your newest creation is wonderful!!
Cerri xo
www.littlepinkstudio.typepad.com