Monday, September 21, 2009

My flea pickings..........

Well, here they are, my HUGE haul from the flea yesterday :). Ok, I didn't get a lot, but what I did get I absolutely love! These two books are so awesome. The little one is leather bound with gorgeous endpapers inside. It's called Petits Sermons by Bertrand. It has the most perfectly aged pages within, all in French, mais oui!
The larger book is a giant! It was *gulp* $5! I grabbed it quick....it's all about Egypt, Greece, and Italy....history, etc. and has lots of steel plate engravings inside...just beautiful. According to a signature in pencil in the back of the book it belonged to a Miss Malia Bell in 1888.
The tin and a half were just cute, I'll try my hand at making something with them.
Thanks for checking in, I'll be listing new etsy items, hopefully today if my pictures came out ok.
Hope everyone has a great week, it's supposed to be in the 90's here for about the next 3 days.
Happy Fall!!!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Old book + perfectly aged pages + it's in French...be still my heart!!! Lucky girl :)

:) T

Unknown said...

OOOh lovely, waht wonderful finds! Suzie. x

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hello Gail,

I love old books too...really $5 is quite alright when they are packed with great stuff! :0)

Have a wonderful day and please drop by anytime,
Stephanie

Lori said...

i LOVE old books...and french too? doesn't get any better!!!

Patina said...

Fun finds! I always enjoy the old books.

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Hi Gail, LOVE your books.

I also wanted to tell you that I am emailing you through your etsy right now so be sure to check there... you must not be getting my emails! lol

xoxo heather

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Hi Gail, me again, I am so sorry to leave this message on your blog but I am so worried you aren't getting my emails/messages and I dont' want you to think I am ignoring you. ;)

I sent your information about the workshop through your etsy shop.... seems that my emails weren't getting through to you for some reason? Let me know that you got everything ok...

thanks so much! xo Heather

Libby Buttons said...

Wonderful gleanings !
smiLes
DarLie
aka LiBBy BuTTons

Pinkie Denise said...

Don't you just love books? Thanks for stopping by and I enjoyed seeing your treasures Pinkie