Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Mom and Elvis.......

So I'm cleaning my house today and re-thinking some of my decor, just trying to keep things fresh when I came across something I take for granted every day. A picture of my Mom with Elvis. How many people can relate to that I wonder?
When I was growing up my Dad was in the Air Force. We traveled. A lot......I was 4 years old when we moved to France.
As a teen I would look at this picture and wonder......finally asked my Mom, "What's up with you and Elvis anyway?"
She told me the story of the day she and a girlfriend went into Paris (the big city), we didn't live in Paris but a smaller outlying town. As they were walking down the street my Mom looked across the street and said, "Oh my gosh, there's Elvis Presley!" She was beside herself and wanted to go meet him but her friend was really shy and didn't.....so my Mom went over by herself and met him and had her picture taken with him.
Obviously this was at the time that he was in the Army.....look how handsome he is! And my Mom is just beaming, how cute is she? I treasure this photo......
The second photo is of my Mom and Dad on the Champs Elysees....tres chic!
My Mom was always so stylish and classic in her dress and manner....I miss her every day.
Cherish those you love..........:).

6 comments:

Lori said...

Gail, that is SO cool that your mom had her picture taken with Elvis...what a cutie he was...his story is so tragic...you mom really was a beauty!!! i love the picture of her with your dad, she looks so pretty!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my, treasured photos in deed!!! I LOVE b&w photos, but one with Elvis and one on the streets of Paris...just too cool!!!

Your mom was so lovely!

:) T

FrenchGardenHouse said...

What a great memory. Your Mom was so sweet, and very stylish too. Probably just like you! xo Lidy

Decor To Adore said...

What a true treasure!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

What a fun photo to have! Your mom was so beautiful and boy was Elvis dreamy!!!
Michelle

Beth said...

Are you kidding me?! A photo of your mother with Elvis Presley? That's priceless!