Monday, October 25, 2010

I have a new lover and his name is Joe........

we meet every Monday morning, and it's all I can do to tear myself away from him....every time I see him there's a new and wonderful surprise waiting for me...you may have even seen Joe in your neighborhood....
he gets around....
and did I mention that he's cheap? Oh yes he is, and I love that about him...no shame whatsoever.
I must have been living under a rock...to imagine he's been right down the street these past few years, yet I've still continued with my stuck-up ways and headed down to Safeway....
well, no more! Joe has me bamboozled! (did I spell that right?)
Please leave me a note and let me know what you just can't live without at Joe's...
pretty please? I need some good suggestions because everything looks dreamy....

7 comments:

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Just put away my Trader Joe's groceries for the week. I too, love TJ. I don't do all my shopping there, but I hit it once a week. Love their raisins(super fresh), chocolate covered pretzel slims, honey wheat pretzels and my daughter loves their frozen orange chicken (similar to Panda Express). Great cut flowers, cheeses and produce. I have two I can hit regularly...lucky me!

Gail said...

Laurie,
Thanks for posting, good to hear from you. And thanks for your suggestions on your favorite Joe's foods, I've heard lots of great things about that orange chicken.
And of course their flowers are great. I think I'll also need some of those sweet cinderella pumpkins too, so cute!

Rhonda said...

I am so in love with Trader Joe's. Ever since we were in San Diego, years ago and shopped at one. As soon as I moved out west, I made sure I knew where they all were. Oh, then they started popping up in Chicago, where I'm from. Timing is everything.

You are so funny! I think I have every one of their shopping bags.

Diane Mars said...

There is so much that I just have to purchase only at TJ'S I too have many favorites and I have a store walking distance from my home, let's see my fav's the breakfast bars are to die for, the moo chocolate syrup is oh so yummy! The Charlie Bear Dog Treats are a must for our Charlie!. And The Hummus is delicious...
My list goes on and on... Hugs, Diane

Heather said...

Oh my goodness! You have me thinking...
First three off of the top of my head would be:

Pumpkin butter

Peanut butter cups

Joe-Joes (like Oreos but without the partially hydrogenated oils and SOOO much better. They have mint ones in the winter.)

Oh! There's another! There peppermint hot chocolate (also seasonal.)

Mmmm... I seem to have sweets on the brain.

Kathy said...

lol, I to love your lover. But alas, many miles are between us now. When I lived in Ca. I loved to go to Trader Joes....say hello for me, will you?

Sheila said...

I love the apple cider and the produce and the flowers!