Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The finishing touches.....


on my laundry room...check out my new decal from circlelinestudio on Etsy....

and please, for the love of everything decent in this world, try not to notice the floor in this picture...just the woven rug. See, I had been searching for just the right rug for this room...unsuccessfully. It was either too light (showing lots of dirt from my dog running in and out) or too dark (showing lint, etc. that comes naturally in a laundry room).

Then I remembered my parents, years ago now, had given me this rug woven by my grandma from Texas. I tucked it away thinking, "This is kinda granny-like and not really my style". Well, guess what? It's my style now! I was repairing some of the seams on this rug before putting it out and noticed that some of the fabrics used by my grandma were the same fabrics that my mom made some of my childhood dresses out of......awwwww, I was really sold on it at that point! And once this room is painted and the flooring material is changed, it will still be the highlight, as far as I'm concerned.

If you like my new decal, let me know...and get yourself over to circlelinestudio, she has lots of really pretty decals and it was super easy to put up!

6 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

what a happy room to do laundry in.
That rug is adorable, so perfect that it is an actual family heirloom too!
Amy

Gail said...

Thanks Amy,
I'm all about sentiment.....!

Rhonda said...

You are hilarious, for the love of everything decent....LOL

Shabby Laundry Rooms are eye candy to me.

Lovin' the rug, it is priceless.

melanie said...

so very cute...I love the words...love love love the words...
and I will take the rug, anyday!
love it...
melanie

Diane Mars said...

Love the Door Art perfect start to doing laundry~

Anonymous said...

What a sweet laundry room! I love it!