Saturday, February 19, 2011

I've finally completely lost my head!!!!!

Yes, that's right, I "won" another kid leather doll body on Ebay....my dh gets a good chuckle when I say "I won!" He's thinking, "Umm, yeah, not really."

I love them without their heads...this one has great porcelain hands to, although one of the thumbs is missing...wonder where it went....any guesses?

o.k., we'll never really know now will we?

This head looks kinda cute on her, doesn't it?

Alright, I agree, it needs to be a pretty girl doll head. Guess I have my work cut out for me...looking for a pretty head.
Just a light post for a Saturday night...hope you're all having a great weekend...it's cold here, expecting snow!!

7 comments:

melanie said...

wow...this is just ...I am speechless...not sure if it is really cool- or just ...odd?
I am so glad you are my BFF...
and that you like things that I don't...no competition there...
if I ever find one of these...it is YOURS!
(please hide it when I spend the night :)

Gail said...

Oooooh, I just love it when you're speechless! LOL!

Tina said...

Oh - she´s AWESOME Gail. Looks so great with the dolls head.

Gail said...

Thanks Tina,
I love the old kid leather doll bodies!

Vintage Market Place said...

Well you know I am right there with ya on this one girl, off with their heads! LOL
LOVE IT
Amy

Kim said...

I had to chuckle when reading your post Gail because even though they may seem a bit creepy to some people, I find myself loving those vintage doll heads I seem to be seeing all over blogland and I would love to find one for myself. A bodyless doll head is on the top of my things to hunt for when I'm out antiquing. I sure hope I can find one someday :)

Kim

Rhonda said...

This is wonderful, you won that on Ebay? I'm very proud to know you, Gail. There is so much you can do with her, you are going to have so much fun.

Yeah, husbands do not understand why we buy what we do.....they are too funny.