Monday, March 28, 2011

Good Monday morning.....

I do hope you all had a lovely weekend! Our Spring break is officially over...:(, and although we didn't do anything special, I do wish it would last another week! My dd and I had some outings together to the thrift (and she was lucky enough to have 3 cooking classes!). There's an ulterior motive there that I'm sure you can figure out on your own...:).
On one outing we found this awesome, very rustic toolbox on wheels. It's 31" long and 8" deep, so quite large.

It's hard to say what I love most about it. The wood was very rustic and primitive so I gave it a coat of cream paint.....

I added a vintage decal right above the latch....

I covered the top in one of my favorite vintage roses and lilacs wallpaper......


I love how each latch is different (hmmm, on these close-ups you can see what a sloppy painter I am!)


I love the fact that someone took an old suitcase handle and put it on this tool chest!

But probably my favorite thing about it is that it's on four wheels, what is it about wheels that really make you take notice?

I was also able to find some awesome, very vintage trims at an indoor garage sale...


And these folks had to come home with me too....!
This will be a busy week making some items for my Etsy shop which is re-stocked to the gills with new stuff, come on over and take a peek!

8 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

Gail, that is an amazing find!!!
wow,what a great storage place.

Gail said...

Thanks Amy! The fact that I had a coupon for 20% off which made it only $12 helped!!

Gypsea Nurse said...

Fun! Fun! great job and find!
Smiles~
Cricket@gypseanurse

melanie said...

really great trunk...I could bring that back on the train ! :)
fabulous! happy hunting!

Rhonda said...

You had me at "wheels" - I love anything on wheels, too! Awesome find, simply awesome.

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweet Gail!!! omygoodness...girl, I LOVE what you've done to your little tool box!!! The
"sloppy" painting is PERFECT! So many other wonderful finds too....I love them all ~ I hope you are doing so good, hugs and love, Dawn

Tina said...

That is some great finds Gail. The box is perfect. Love the trim too.
xo Tina

Debra@CommonGround said...

Oh gosh, I just love this!! Hope you'll come over and link up with Vintage Inspiration Friday!
hugs,
Debra