Monday, July 25, 2011

New supplies, quick project, new member of the family.....

Good Monday morning! Hope you all had a great weekend...it was finally hot here! 90 degrees, our hottest day so far this year. I made a run to Michael's and found these great supplies from Tim Holtz...trinket pins (they have words on them!), reinforcers (those little round things that go around the hole punches in your journals), a big sticker book, and some very cute pockets (not by Tim) that are lined and scalloped and will be very cute in journals.



Now I'm not normally a girl who will buy new supplies, I always prefer the real vintage deal....however I can easily make an exception with these lovely items!

An oh-so-fun project are the tickets above, purchased on Etsy from ArtCult. I fell in love with these beautiful tickets and had to have them...they're a digital download. However, I wanted to make sure I could cut them out properly with the perforations but didn't have proper scissors, nor did I even know if there was such a product out there.


Well, I'm happy to report there is! They cost $1.49 at Michael's on sale....I bought two pair and was able to cut out my tickets.

And now, for the new member of our family. A "new" antique upright piano....our dd, 10, is learning piano and we've needed one for awhile now. Isn't she pretty? I always thought that we'd just have her use a keyboard, but she's got some real talent (according to her teacher, not me!) and we wanted her to be able to practice on a full piano.

So, do any of you have a piano in your home? Do you like having one? Is it hard to decorate around or is it an asset? Inquiring minds want to know....

A bonus is now I can take some lessons, I've always wanted to know how to play!
Have a wonderful week.....:).

4 comments:

donna!ee said...

awesome tim holtz stuff AND tools...i must head to michael's, love their sales! beautiful piano...i play harmonica! :)

Rhonda said...

Love you piano, I grew up with one in our home and never learned to play....big mistake.

Vintage supplies are great, new or old.

Kathy said...

I love those tickets...
I was waiting to see a baby, or a puppy...and it is a piano, lol. But it is pretty!

Rebecca said...

Hello
Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such a kind comment.
Those graphics are great! I love the butterflies. Your piano is beautiful also, I do not have one as I do not play. I took lessons but it was short lived.
Blessings today
Rebecca