Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New in my Etsy....back to school time....being sick in the Summertime

Well hello! It's been awhile, no? I've been busy trying to figure out Etsy's new "search"....never a dull moment on Etsy! I've also been busy creating my favorites....journals. Mine are all one-of-a-kind because, quite frankly, the skies the limit when it comes to designing journals. And since I really don't like to repeat my designs, they're a perfect fit for me...:). The journal above is a "Dreams" journal, meant to sit beside your bed (or wherever you do most of your dreaming!) It has mostly a French theme with lots of crochet lace and pretty fabrics added in, not to mention wallpaper.

And this is my "think happy thoughts" journal. These both come with their own bookmark so you can mark your place...I'll be listing them both this afternoon in my shop.

We've also been doing a lot of back to school shopping for clothes and supplies...usually my dh takes our dd out for her school supplies but this year I tagged along (more fun than you can imagine!). We're very lucky because she adores school and can't wait to start back (I was the same way).
Isn't it amazing how much variety there is nowadays with school supplies? I'm astounded at all the choices with binders, notebooks, even the scissors have decorated handles!
I've also been working on a special project for a wonderful customer who is getting married in September and I was flattered that she wanted me to make a personalized notebook for her wedding....I'll be starting on that probably tomorrow.

I've also been sick, courtesy of my dh (he loves to share...:)
It just never feels right being sick when the weather is beautiful outside, does it? I'm hoping I kick it to the curb right away because he was sick (and is still coughing) for more than 2 weeks now! Wish me luck friends, hope you're all well!

3 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

sorry to hear you are sick Gail.
wishing you wellness soon :)

I adore back to school shopping still do it myself
love to by new pencils this time of year
I think your journals are quite lovely and perfect for catching dreams in.

PS this is my new blog I had to shut down the old one hope you will follow this one instead.
Amy

Tina said...

Sending lots of get well wishes and hope you´ll feel better soon Gail.

Oh - those Etsy changes - keep us on our toes don´t they - lol.
Love your new journals. The Dream journal is so pretty.
xo Tina

Rhonda said...

Ah, the smell of new pencils...there is nothing like it.

I hope you feel better soon, Gail. Kick that old sickness to the curb.