Friday, September 30, 2011

Well, hello there! I do hope everyone's had a great week and is ready to enjoy a relaxing weekend....I know I am! I didn't feel like going to garage sales  today (I know, alert the press!) so I decided to go to an antique mall instead, knowing the prices are higher...I had fun looking around but came out empty handed, always a disappointing turn of events, no? So since it was almost time to pick up my dd from school I decided to head home and went past a storefront that used to be a wonderful treasure trove of a store, but now sits empty.....however today there was a sign in the window for an estate sale. As luck would have it there was a parking spot almost right in front so I whipped out of my car with my hair on fire and made my way in....it wasn't too impressive all in all, but I did pick up the fun Beano game for $1, and the 3 old Raleigh bottles for .75 each.....after paying I walked over to an area that had some old clothing and saw these ribbons.

They had a wonderful feel about them, almost like silk but I'll have to test them for that to find out....they look like old theatre belts....they each have a name on the area behind the bow.



I think they look pretty hanging just like this, don't you?

The colors are just amazing! They did smell very musty and old, however, so I plunged the lot of them into some Woolite and they're hanging outside to dry...I'm racing the weather because right now we have some nice breezes and sunshine but that's all supposed to go away this weekend...:(.

So after spending a total of $5.25 on this loot, I feel pretty good!
I think these ribbons would look really pretty just hanging in a window on a lovely clothes hanger, so time will tell what becomes of them.....have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Nice finds Gail, I was intending to do the same today, but here I still sit...

Vicki said...

I absolutely love your finds! My girlfriends hit a church rummage sale this weekend and stocked up on supplies. In Florida, the fall and winter are big garage sale months. Can't wait!

melanie said...

great finds...love the ribbons...
maybe you will take me there...
when I get down there again...
or maybe not???