Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My before and after wallpaper box....finally

Remember this "beauty" that I found at Goodwill?

I used my favorite wallpaper, sanded it down, then attached a...

very cool old victorian children's block with the word "vintage"


I love how the top looked after I ripped off the fabric topping, couldn't have planned that one better!

The inside is still a bit of a mystery to me because the glue that someone used on this is so hard and thick it's hard to remove.

This is a portion of the top after I took off the trim that was there before........perfect!

I didn't have a replacement knob so I simply covered the one that was already on there with a piece of old wallpaper....what else?!

I do hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing Thanksgiving. We had family come down and it was perfect! I look forward to the coming season and simplicity is my word going forward.....what's yours?

4 comments:

Blessed Serendipity said...

I love the transformation Gail. It is really charming.

xo
Danielle

Andy's Attic said...

A lovely change for the box. That child's block is terrific!!
I'm with you on simplicity!

Vintage Market Place said...

WOW that is a huge transformation Gail.
I just love how you used that vintage block.

Me too, simplicity for sure!
Amy

Kathy said...

Great re-do and what a piece of luck to find the top perfectly chippy. It couldn't have been better if you planned it that way!