Sunday, September 8, 2013

The search for a new....smaller....tree

This was frightening to say the least......

this huge limb came crashing down from our humongous sweet gum tree in our front yard....it crashed into our neighbors yard.

clearly it had "issues".....

I'll spare you the photo of the stump waiting to be ground down........:(.

This tree was about 80' tall.....it's been there quite awhile.
We'll be putting in a cherry tree that blooms with white blossoms in the Spring and I'll plant bulbs at it's base.
Time to move on.....

4 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

oh how sad, but glad no one was injured, yikes!
I miss huge trees like these. My grandparents had them in their yard, lots of time was spent sitting under them as a child.
Your new tree sounds light and fresh. Perfect for Spring.
Amy

Vee said...

So glad that no one was hurt. It is sad to see them go, but the thought of a cherry tree is probably helping with the loss. I sometimes mow my lawn with an eye to the branches above. They are not my branches (a neighbor's), but they come down all the time.

Kathy said...

How scary! I'm sure watching it be taken out was pretty nerve-wracking as well. Eeee...!

Rhonda said...

Hey Gail, wow, that looked scary! I was out of town and briefly saw this post. I'm so happy you have plans for a new tree and it sound so pretty.